My business website is live and while I am still working on some bugs, you can learn about my new career at WriteAustin.com
Meanwhile I will leave this page up as a salute to my newspaper career. It was a good one.
I’m glad you’ve come to my page. You can see more about me here, including some samples of my work.
You may already know that I worked at the Austin American-Statesman for 31 years before taking a buyout in 2011. Now, I am looking for new career options that build on my strongest skills: communications, leadership and project management.
Here are a few ways I describe myself:
- Decisive leader with long-term success in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communicator with strong written, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Collaborative manager who established and maintained superior standards for quality and efficient work flow throughout the newsroom organization.
- Resourceful leader who raised the productivity of my department during times of expanding responsibilities and staff cutbacks.
- Problem solver who anticipates needs and takes a systematic approach to solutions.
- Big-picture thinker who helped manage the newspaper’s transition from print-only to multi-platform delivery.
- Highly organized project manager accustomed to juggling overlapping daily, weekly and seasonal deadlines.
- Team builder who achieves best results knowing individuals and what motivates them.
- Coach, trainer and mentor with extensive experience developing staff at all levels of experience: accelerating the development of promising young staffers and cultivating strong lieutenants.
You’ll find a small sampling of my work when you click on the tabs at the top of this page. Please let me know if there is anything else I can tell you about myself.
Thank you for visiting.